Healthy tips for after parties Diet and nutrition 01/03/2019
The Christmas holidays have just passed, very endearing parties that we have enjoyed meals with the company of our family and friends.
These meals are usually copious and forceful, accompanied by sweets and desserts typical of these parties along with alcohol and tobacco, causing heavy digestion among other gastrointestinal discomfort.
In addition, these holidays also leave us with a few extra kilos when we get on the scale. And it is that with a few days many holidays are concentrated, therefore, many meals and extra meals that are not usually done the rest of the year.
Now we have to take care of ourselves and give our liver a break from so many excesses.
It is not advisable to follow any miracle diet found in magazines or made by some famous person. The best thing for our body is to follow a healthy lifestyle together with a balanced and varied diet.
Here are some tips:
- Eat five servings of fresh fruit and vegetables a day. For example, three of fruit and two of vegetables distributed throughout the day.
- Include whole-grain foods, especially whole-grain bread.
- Choose white or very low-fat meats like chicken, turkey, or rabbit. Avoid all visible fat and also the skin of the animal.
- preference for fish of any kind over meat.
- Choose low-fat dairy products.
- Avoid sweet sugars and pastries, also sugary soft drinks and alcohol.
- Use olive oil, preferably extra virgin for cooking or dressing. Always in moderation, since it is also quite caloric.
- Choose gentle cooking techniques such as griddle, boiled oven or steam.
- Drink at least 1.5 liters of water every day.
- Cook with little salt.
- Practice physical exercise every day.
- Avoid tobacco.
All these tips will help us take care of our health and eat a healthier, more varied and balanced diet.
**Translated with Google Translate