minimally invasive dentistry Odontolgy 21/06/2017
As its name indicates, Minimally Invasive Dentistry seeks to treat people, solving their problem, pathology, illness or alteration, with the least possible manipulation, with the least damage. The tissues that dental techniques allow, and with the maximum possible imitation of nature (biomimetics).
From the lines of this blog, I would like to introduce myself and introduce you to what Minimally Invasive Dentistry encompasses.
I am the Dr Iván Lara Martínez nº 4813 (COEC) and for a few months I have collaborated with the Dr Ribera Dental Clinic of the Parets Medical and Dental Center.
I have proven experience in General Dentistry and I am specialized in Implantology and Dental Aesthetics.
For all this, with a minimally invasive approach, we can treat from prevention, to even oral surgery, through all dental specialties from less to more invasive, offering an alternative treatment compared to traditional dentistry.
The advantages that this approach can bring, can be many:
- Greater respect for fabrics
- Shorter duration of treatments
- Better postoperative
- Less scars
- Reduced use of drugs
- Greater involvement and commitment of the patient with their health
However, these procedures require a qualified professional and usually entail a superior mastery of the techniques:
- Best preoperative study of the case
- Increased accuracy
- Use of latest generation materials
- Greater complexity of the techniques due to less operative field used
- Greater responsibility of the patient in the acquisition of healthy habits
Why? Why use more invasive techniques if the case allows a less aggressive procedure to be used with an equivalent or better result?
Why? Why perform non-conservative treatments when conservative treatment could offer us a satisfactory result with a good balance between cost/benefit/duration?
Des de fa molts anys, l'evolució; of the techniques and advances in dental materials allow an adequate compromise between rehabilitation and treatment. and lasted in the temps of the tractaments and better resistance to malaltia.
Some It is proposed to the 21st century that we operate open surgery when we know that there are many surgical procedures that allow outpatient surgery within a few hours of the intervention, through small incisions that will not leave scar?
donarem pas a les diferents eines de queè disposem i queè We can get both this treatment alternative.
The fundamental part of a satisfactory treatment is based on a good diagnosis, since we have not It makes it necessary for the diagnosis to be a (correct) one, considering that the treatment options can be multiple and equally valid and satisfactory.
Així, a cop made a correct clinical history, an essential pillar of qualsevol professional of Health, in addition to other services, allows us to carry out a complete study of each person, which allows us to establish a treatment plan based on the severe expectations and possibilities:
- Conventional radiology (every time with less radiation per patient, as would be the digital radiology with which comptem; to the center, still intraoral or extraoral )
- Dental CT (Dental scanner, which allows us to study very precise description of the structures to be treated, with the consequent reduction in surprises when intervening, which we also have at the center).
- Diagnostic wax-up (through some molds obtained of the patient's mouth, we perform a simulation of the finished treatment)
- Mock up ( through the model wax-up, we move the possible result of the treatment, without intervening with the patient and in a totally reversible and painless way, for its assessment)
- DSD ( Digital smile design, which through photos and software suitable allows us to see the final result of the treatment through a screen)
- Surgical guides and treatment guides (obtained from tests previous ones, whether manual or mechanized (3D, CAD-CAM), which allow having the "plans" to achieve the planned treatment and result)
- Software-assisted diagnostics and planning (allows the same as the DSD, the 3D study of the patient, prior to treatment)
WHAT? RESULTS CAN WE GET?
Below we will show examples of treatments under the approach of Minimally Invasive Dentistry